iROADS® is TRL’s innovative asset management software. It is a comprehensive management, planning and decision support tool for all your infrastructure assets. iROADS is a quick and effective route to the establishment and operation of an Asset Management Plan for a road network, and to the benefits that an effective asset management regime can offer.
iROADS offers a range of software solutions for clients who demand the best value from their highways asset management data. Our direct experience of working with information including pavement condition data, asset inventory data, construction data and spatial data, means you can count on iROADS solutions to provide all the features and usability, backed up by responsive support and customer service, plus consultancy if needed. We are proud of our long-term relationships with many existing iROADS users – a testament to the effectiveness and value that our solutions and services deliver.
iROADS is easy to use having a familiar and easily understood graphical user interface that is map based with standard Microsoft Windows ribbon controls and comes with a comprehensive user manual. It can be set up and used “out of the box” by a competent engineer or technician with a good understanding of asset management. All data, rules, deterioration models, maintenance triggers and treatments, costs, budgets, etc. are held as data that can be added to or modified by the user. iROADS gives you all you would expect from a modern integrated asset management system and more.
iROADS’ flexibility allows for it to be deployed anywhere in the world, for use with all asset and survey types and for it to be adapted to local needs and conditions. iROADS includes integration with HDM-4 providing the road data needed for the analyses required to obtain donor funding.
iROADS can be used:
1. at the strategic level to support high-level policy decision making and budgetary planning
2. at the works programming and planning level
3. at the day-to-day operational level for use by engineers and asset management practitioners
iROADS works with integrated, tablet-based iCAPTURE data collection software to provide a flexible and comprehensive solution that supports the whole of the asset data lifecycle
iROADS supports the management and development of:
- The road network
- Road infrastructure assets
- Network performance and serviceability
- The impact of alternative funding and maintenance regimes
- Forward works and asset replacement programmes
- Business cases for investment in preventive maintenance
- Reports on all aspects of asset maintenance and performance
Easy to Use Mapping Interface
iROADS uses a licence-free mapping system which allows users to easily interact with the condition, inventory and performance data held against the asset network. iROADS can be used at the strategic level to support high level policy decision making and budgetary planning through to the works programming and planning level as well as for day to day operational use by engineers and asset management practitioners.
iROADS: Intelligent Asset Management
- Asset management for highways infrastructure assets
- Developing forward works programmes and investment plans for maintenance and rehabilitation
- Developing business cases for investment in preventative maintenance
- Operational management of the highways infrastructure assets, including inspection and routine and cyclical maintenance
- Risk and Safety Management
- Managing network performance e.g service levels, risk, key performance indicators
- Managing the impact of alternative funding and maintenance regimes on the future condition and performance of roads and associated assets
- Developing programmes for asset replacement and management of lifecycle plans
- Developing and model condition-based contractual performance measures
- Producing reports on network performance using RAG (Red/Amber/Green) mapping and graphical reporting
iROADS – Use all your data
iROADS allows all the data collected to be stored and then used in analyses to help inform:
- Maintenance decisions
- Budget setting
- Work programmes
As data is aligned to the asset, potential scheme locations can be identified using sophisticated data homogenisation and merging tools, based on condition and section characteristics, as well as locally defined parameters and surveys.