The iROADS® Asset Register sits at the heart of the iROADS suite. It’s a powerful, map-based data management tool for infrastructure assets that delivers high-quality integrated data management and allows you to manage condition, inventory, inspection and other data.
The Asset Register supports the management of condition, inventory, inspection and other data in space and time as well as providing a large number of data input/output options and data conversion utilities. All data types that can be referenced to the network can be displayed on a map and colour coding (e.g. for condition) and textual labelling applied. Mapping data that is held outside of iROADS, including online data can also be displayed in the map window.
The key features of the Asset Register include;
- Equivalence to a UKPMS Tranche 1 system and more
- Intuitive interface enabling data for subsequent analysis and modelling using iROADS toolkits or external systems
- Incorporates extensive data QA tools
- Data fitting options for imported survey data in common and specialist formats
- Data export tools in a range of common formats for loading to spreadsheets, databases and GIS systems
- A range of reporting options
- Data loading and data management and editing tools
- Mapping and visualisation tools
- Supports definition of multiple networks and sub networks, allowing changes to be tracked over time.
- Integrated mapping functionality allowing users to manage network changes.
Survey and Quality Management
The Asset Register incorporates tools and reports for the management of surveys and data collection for all types of UKPMS visual and routine inspections and custom surveys. It allows;
- Survey routes to be defined ensuring;
- Best use of inspector time,
- Reduced travel time.
- Map-based, graphical and textual reports on;
- Survey progress
- Improved information availability providing visibility to;
- Survey contractors and clients
- Monitor progress
- Show whereabouts on a day to day basis
- Provide definition and programming of audit surveys of quality
In addition to all UKPMS HMDIF formats, the Asset Register supports the import of survey, network and inventory data from CSV file, Highways Agency Inventory XML files and RMMS INVENT files. Data collected using iROADS site data collection software can be loaded directly from the device into the Asset Register database.
Included within the Asset Register, is the Network Register, where location referencing data can be maintained for roads and other linear assets and the Survey Register, holding details of standard UKPMS visual and machine surveys, safety and detailed inspection, and locally defined custom surveys and inspections.
The Asset Register incorporates the display of standard raster and vector mapping data, and integrates with Google Maps and Google Street View to allow users access to street images and mapping through a simple click on a road in the Asset Register map.
Data Management Tools
iROADS Asset Register includes powerful data management tools including:
Loading of all standard data types, and allowing the user to import their own custom data types in a range of formats including HMDIF, csv, shapefile
Network maintenance tools, to allow network sections to be added, removed, split, merged and lengths changes. All inventory, condition and other data associated with network sections will be retained and allocated to the new sections, without the need for separate editing.
The Asset Register Incorporates a range of reporting tools:
- Fixed reports – a range of standard reports that can be selected by users, including business graphics
- Flexible reports which allows users to develop their own reports and to save them as templates for future user
- Map reports. Visualisations of data built up in the map window, including RAG (Red, Amber, Green) reporting of condition can be saved to a report
- Strip maps, showing inventory and condition data along a road in a schematic way
- Coring reports showing details of road construction from core samples
The reporting also allows “log files” that are created when data is loaded or processed within the system to be access to allow data issues to be investigated and resolved
All reporting can be configured to display the users own logos, to fit with their own corporate style and branding
The iROADS map window is key tp making the system easy to use, allowing the user to interact with data and to present that data in a meaningful way. iROADS incorporates the full range of mapping tools and enables the distribution of asset data across an organisation without costly investment in full GIS systems.
The mapping tools include:
- Zoom in/out and to full layer extents
- Pan around the map
The mapping can be used to interrogate all asset data held against the network (e.g.condition, asset register etc.) by selecting an area or point with the “i” cursor. Data can also be searched for and displayed on the map. Where data is selected in tabular views in other parts of iROADS this will automatically be selected and highlighted in the map window.
The background mapping used to give context to the data can either be “raster” images such as, in the UK, the freely available OS data, or can use a range of on-line mapping sources which include (depending on location) open street map,
In addition to the background mapping, iROADS includes integrated Google Maps which allows the Google mapping and street view data to be displayed for any point of intersect; this facility is very useful in allowing the user to view street locations without the need for time-consuming site visits.
Mapping data that has not been referenced to the network or loaded to the asset register can be displayed for information purposes as “external data”.